We’ve heard about ads being run on various online job listing sites that purport to be Starlight. While we do occasionally advertise job openings on such websites, we would never hire candidates without speaking with them first and appropriately screening them.
If you have been in contact with someone about a position at Starlight and have any questions about the legitimacy of the job opening, please contact us at email@example.com.
We would NEVER send an applicant or an employee money orders or checks, asking them to deposit the checks into their own bank accounts on our behalf.
If you have responded to such an ad or received envelopes with checks or money orders, please contact us so we can work with you to report this to the appropriate authorities.
Want to help make a world of difference and be part of the Starlight team? Please check back often to learn more about open employment opportunities.
Starlight Colorado Internships
As an intern at Starlight Colorado, you will have the opportunity to join our team of employees as we continually work to brighten the lives of seriously ill children and their families.
All internship positions require a minimum 10-week commitment and at least 8 hours per week. While Starlight internships are unpaid but are available for credit. Undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate candidates are encouraged to apply.
Starlight Colorado's Internship Program strives to meet the following objectives:
- Provide valuable opportunities for academic and professional development within a non-profit organization.
- Provide young professionals with the opportunity to contribute to the fulfillment of Starlight's mission through successful completion of independent projects.
- Provide meaningful opportunities for interns to learn and grow in an enjoyable, business casual work environment with staff members that value openness, accountability, professionalism, and fun!
Basic Internship Requirements:
- Must demonstrate fundamental professionalism and a sincere interest in non-profit administration.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity toward issues stemming from childhood illnesses and a strong commitment to brightening the lives of seriously ill children and their families.
- Must possess strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task, which are necessary to excel in Starlight's goal-oriented work environment.
- Must demonstrate that the internship position for which you are applying relates to your academic field or past work experiences.
- Must demonstrate intermediate or advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficient in general Internet usage, including online research and e-mail skills.
If selected, all candidates must submit to a national criminal history search.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word.
- Excellent writing, creative-thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Willingness to work occasionally at a weekend and evening events.